The giving programme offered here is particularly designed for smaller or rural/village churches. In these churches, a greater percentage of the community are likely to be committed to the church than in other contexts. This programme encourages the church to consider whether it should approach the fringe/wider community, and also whether to hold a presentation event to communicate the financial needs of the parish. However, unless you have a clearly defined and supportive community, you are likely to find trying to approach the wider community less successful.
1. Download the Guide
First download the Simple Giving Programme Guide (pdf), to gain an overview of what you will need to do. Then there are a number of downloadable templates and examples below to make your job easier.
2. Use the Supporting Resources….
Preparing to run your programme
- A template for writing the Case Statement and a completed example.
- The ‘Footfall’ tool to uncover your church’s reach into your community
- Planned Giving analysis tool (Microsoft Excel)
Running the launch event
- A Guide to organising the launch event (pdf)
- A template letter to invite your Congregation to your event (Word)
- A template letter to invite your Community to your event (Word)
- A template invitation card and response form (both in Word)
Prayer and Teaching Resources
A brochure template (Word)
- A template letter to accompany brochure for the congregation (Word)
- A template letter to accompany the brochure for the wider community (Word)
Forms for setting up a Standing Order and a Gift Aid Declaration (Word)
A template ‘Thank You’ letter (in Word)